There are times I hesitate to share information about a campground, because it is just such a wonderful, secluded space and White Oak Campground at Oak Openings Preserve is just such a space. This small campground has 8 sites plus 2 group sites.
Reasons why White Oak Campground is amazing:
- Crowds – I can’t vouch for all weekends, but there was only one other group camping each night we were there.
- Flush toilets in clean bathrooms.
3. A dishwashing station.
4. Trails that leave right from the campground.
5. FREE FIREWOOD!
On our second evening a ranger road through on a gator to ask if we needed more wood. Heaven!
But I must caution this campground may not be for everyone.
- This campground is tents only. No trailers allowed.
- This is a metropark, so busy roads pass nearby. We didn’t find it distracting, but we did hear cars and see headlights all night long.
- You must make reservations in advance.
- There is no parking at the campsites and a few of the sites are a distance for where the designated parking is located. For this reason, I would pick sites 1 or 2 the next time we are up there.
The fees for camping are $20 per night. A bit pricy, but we felt the free firewood provided more than adequate value. It was chilly night so we definitely got our money’s worth!
One thought on “White Oak Campground”